Cook Time low: 4-6 hours 2-3 hours high Serves 8-10
- ¼ c plus 2 T wheat germ, divided
- 2/3 c butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ c chopped walnuts
1) Spray crock-pot dish, then sprinkle dish with 2 T wheat germ. Set aside.
2) Beat butter & sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time; beat until blended. Add bananas & vanilla; beat until smooth.
3) Gradually stir in flours, remaining ¼ c wheat germ, baking soda, & salt. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared dish; place in 4 ½ quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours or until edges begin to brown & toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.*
4) Remove dish from CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cool on wire rack about 10 minutes. Remove bread from dish; cool completely on wire rack.
*Laura’s tip: Larger CROCK-POT® slow cookers require less time to cook.